Select a piece of packaging/product from the website below.
Write a few sentances on –
- Why you selected it? (colour/texture/ shape/ creative/fun) what do you like about the design and why??
- Aesthetics – What makes it stand out? (line, shape, colour, materials etc)
- Function – What is it designed to do/advertise?
- Materials- What materials do you think has been used (eg paper/ metal/plastic) are they eco friendly/can it be recycled? lightweight? practical to the design/product? has more than one material been used?
- Ergonoimics/fitness for purpose- Does it advertise the product well if its packaging?? If so how? Does the product/packaging stand out? Does it look easy to open/use??
Make sure you explain your points. EXAMPLE The packaging stands out due to the bold red lettering on the front of the packaging, which clearly tells you what the product is.
Continue to develop your drawing skills – Create a still life (group of 3 or more objects that are different heights and have a connecting theme – eg plant, watering can, apple are all garden related)
- Overlap your objects and If you can explore compositions taking a range of different photos of your objects from different angles – close up, looking down, straight on, move your objects about.
- Draw out your objects considering the compositional techniques above , line sensitivity and tonal ranges.
- A4 -A3 size if possible. Take your time should take 2/3 periods.
TASK 3 – DRAWING CHALLENGE – TRY DOING A CONTINUOUS LINE DRAWING (DONT LIFT PEN/PENCIL OFF PAPER AS YOU DRAW) OF YOUR STILL LIFE OBJECTS.
TASK 4– ONCE COMPLETED ABOVE TASKS COMPLETE TASKS FROM HOMEWORK BOOKLET